Passport and ID Photo Service
We offer a comprehensive photo service for UK, U.S., Canadian and Australian Passports including babies, children and adults and we are able to easily accommodate wheelchairs.
We also take photos for Visa, Driving Licence, Blue Badge, Bus pass, Gun Licence, University and Job applications.
No appointment required, open Monday to Saturday 9.00am to 5.15pm, while-u-wait service.
The photographs which you have to provide with your application must be in the format specified below.
These format requirements meet internationally agreed standards. If the photographs are not in this format, they will be rejected - and in some cases the application will also be rejected as invalid. In particular, the format specified in the first list of requirements below is mandatory where an application for a biometric immigration document is made. At present this means applications on forms FLR(BID), FLR(BUS), FLR(M), Tier 4 (General) Student, Tier 4 (Child) Student, PBS (Dependant) if applying as a dependant of a Tier 4 (General) student, TOC and ICFN(RC).
The photographs must be:
- identical where two photographs of the individual are required
- in colour, not black and white
- taken against a light grey or cream background
- 45 millimetres (mm) high x 35 mm wide
- able to fit into the template opposite, with the eyes positioned in the shaded area
- free from shadows
- taken with the eyes open and clearly visible (with no sunglasses or tinted spectacles, and no hair across the eyes)
- with the subject facing forward, looking straight at the camera
- with a neutral expression with the mouth closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)
- of each person on their own (no objects such as dummies or toys, or other people visible)
- taken with nothing covering the face
- in sharp focus and clear
- with a strong definition between face and background.
U.S. passport photo requirements do differ from British and European photo requirements. Because of the way the photos are digitized, we are unable to accept any photos that do not meet these specifications.
- All photographs must be 2" by 2" (two inches by two inches), excluding any borders
- Make sure the photo presents the full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm)
- Eye height must be between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3/8 inches (28mm to 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo
- Photograph background must be white or off-white
- Applicant image must be centered and facing forward
- Photographs must be taken in color (NOT black and white)
- Position subject and lighting so that there are no distracting shadows on the face or background
- Be taken in normal street attire, without a hat, head covering, or dark glasses unless a signed statement in submitted by the applicant verifying the item is worn daily for religious purposes or a signed doctor's statement is submitted verifying the item is used daily for medical purposes
- The length of the face on the photo from chin to crown of head (natural top of head) must be between 31 mm (1 1/4 in.) and 36 mm (1 7/16 in.).
- The photos must measure 50 mm X 70 mm in size (2 inches wide X 2 3/4 inches long).
- The photos must be a close-up of the head and shoulders so that the face covers approximately 25% of the photo.
- The photos must be printed on plain, high quality photographic paper. Heavy weight paper is unacceptable.
- Either black and white or colour photos are acceptable.
- The photos provided will be printed in the passport. In order for our equipment to read the photo correctly, applicants are asked not to smile.
- Photos must be taken against a plain white or light-coloured background so that the applicant's features are clearly distinguishable against the background. There should be enough contrast between the background and the traits or clothing.
- Shadows are unacceptable. Lighting must be uniform to avoid shadows across the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
- There must be no reflection or glare on the face or glasses.
- Applicant must show a neutral facial expression (no smiling, mouth closed) and look straight at the camera.
- Eyes must be open and clearly visible. Glasses, including tinted prescription glasses, are acceptable as long as the eyes are clearly visible and there is no glare in the glasses. Sunglasses and red eyes are unacceptable.
- Photos must show a full head without any head covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons. However, both edges of the face must be clearly visible.
- Photos must show a full front view of the face and top of the shoulders squared to the camera (the image of the face and shoulders must be centered in the photo).
- Photos must be clear, sharp and in focus.
- Photos must be originals and not taken from an existing photo.
You must provide two recent identical colour photographs of yourself with your completed passport application. One of these photographs must be endorsed by your guarantor with the words "this is a true photo of (insert name)" unless you are submitting an application for a passport renewal.
- 35-40mm wide and 45-50mm high
- good quality colour on high quality paper, with no ink or marks on the image
- plain, light-coloured background (e.g. cream, pale blue or white)
- appropriate brightness and contrast and show your skin tones naturally
- uniform lighting (no shadows across or behind the face), sharp focus and clear.
- show head and top of shoulders close up, so that the face measures between 32mm and 36mm from the bottom of the chin to the crown (ie top of head without hair)
- show your shoulders square on (not looking over shoulder)
- show your face square on (edges of face visible)
- show you looking straight at the camera (not tilted head)
- be taken with a neutral expression and your mouth closed (not laughing or frowning
- show your eyes open and clearly visible, (no hair in eyes).